Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Get Me Out of Here…

“I am normal; get me out of here,” My ‘Antartma’ is screaming this with its full intensity since I have taken the cable connection and started taking the dose of reality shows. I don’t know why she is reacting like that…I took her to all the experts, mechanics and doctors but nobody could diagnose her problem. I hope, you would certainly offer a “quantum of solace” to her; but first, let me brief the case… [;-)]
Every time when I switch on my Idiot Box and start pressing remote keys to find any of the good show from the array of non-sense yet intellectual TV programs, my fingers get freeze on reality shows. I start enjoying moments of truth that are said to earn money but my so-called ‘Antaratma’ scolds me on this. She feels ashamed when an older artist shamelessly accepts, “I have slept with numerous girls and still looking for my dream woman.” She bitterly cries when she finds some of the healthy and wealthy hunks of the nation standing in a queue to get married with a girl whose mental health is as questionable as her celeb status.
I know all of you enjoy the exhilarating moments when some forgotten faces of Television World battle with beasts and bath in open but my Antaratma is completely stupid. She finds all these exciting scenes obscene and inhuman…HUH… Who doesn’t want to laugh on such adult-ery jokes which are commonly cracked by kids on various channels but my boring Anataratma sees it as an attack on treasured Indian culture? She is totally a granny… AAHH!!! However, the only thing, which matches her taste, is Indian version of a British talent show but again she frowns over copied creativity of Indian producers and directors. She thinks there is no originality in the country of 1060 millions.
Amma ye Originality nai to kya hai…videshi mal desi tadke ke sath…

Ohhh! It’s too much for the day, my Antaratma is eager to take a break now, she will be back soon with some more symptoms of Reality TV flu. Till then STAY TUNED

6 comments:

Ashish Barnwal said...

Impeccable comment. I wan 2 congratulate 4 using gr8 vocabs to show wht u think. I also congrtulate u on bein cogent n expressing ur desire.I wish u 2 b a powerful journalist.All the best.

Shams Irfan said...

one of the best piece of writings i have come across in a long time...

saood kidwai said...

one can only sympathize with your oscillating 'Antaratma'

Mithi said...

Nice write-up. Love the way you spoke about your Antaratma...

Mini said...

Hey nice post. I am also one of the critics of reality shows. So, I prefer going <a href="http://www.hellotrade.com>online</a> is better than watching them.

Anonymous said...

Hey nice post. I am also one of the critics of reality shows. So, I prefer going <a href="http://www.hellotrade.com>online</a> is better than watching them